Insurance Term:



Earthquake insurance covers damage to your house and personal belongings inside your home resulting from an earthquake. It also may cover additional living expenses to live somewhere else while the area is evacuated or the home is being repaired.

Damage to land or water damage resulting from an earthquake is usually not covered within the policy.

Is earthquake insurance part of a homeowners’ or renters’ policy?

Earthquake insurance is typically excluded from standard homeowners’ and renters’ policies. It can be purchased as an add-on to homeowners’ or renters’ insurance or as a separate policy.

Back to all
Subscribe to our newsletter
Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.